4th quarter meeting
Wednesday, September 21st t 1:00pm at El Rancho Mexican Restaurant Portales, NM
– Election (results)
– Member pinning – Open to anyone who completed the New Member Orientation class
– September is REALTOR(R) Safety month (presentation)
– RPAC: We need to up our participation numbers to meet the goals set for our association by NAR
– Fundraisers report: Casa golf & OPO 5k
– Diaper Drive (bring diapers or wipes to benefit the pregnancy resource center)
– NMAR update +CHANGES to the ORW you need to know!!
The Clovis/Portales Board of Realtors will be having a forum for the mayoral candidates on Friday, Feb 7th at 10 a.m. The Realtors have always taken a tremendous interest in our community and especially this year with electing a new mayor.
The Realtors Political Action Committee will be sponsoring this forum. RPAC has funds that we can use locally for this race. We will donate to the candidate who we believe represents our best interests for Clovis. RPAC is one of the most effective PAC’S in the country. The National Association of Realtors, New Mexico Assoc of Realtors, and the Clovis/Portales Board of Realtors are very diligent in selecting who to support for elective offices. We don’t look at if they are Republicans or Democrats. We are for who supports Realtor issues-Private property rights, real estate tax benefits, and economic development opportunities. The local Realtors were very proactive in supporting the racino. This issue is an example of economic opportunities we support.
This forum will have brief opening statement, question and answers, and brief closing statement. The real estate industry is a very important part of the economic driver in our area. We are very dedicated in moving our community forward and this is a great opportunity to support a mayor who supports economic growth in our area. Please let us know if you can attend or not.
Thanks so much and good luck to you all!
2020 President, Clovis/Portales Board of Realtors